Thursday, March 25, 2010

Next up: Iceland

Lately I've been feeling the urge for a new adventure. I've been in this town for just about a year and a half now, the snow hasn't been that great this winter, and I have gotten bored with going out to the bars every night. It's been almost two years since I left the country (Canada doesn't count) and I thought a little jaunt in an aeroplane would do me some good (even though I greatly dislike flying). I'm sure a nice long road trip around the country would have sufficed.........but probably not for long (the need to be immersed in a different culture is almost overpowering). So, instead, I chose: Iceland. (plus the tickets were really cheap)

"Iceland? Why Iceland?" is generally the response I get from people around here. (said almost in a "why-would-anyone-want-to-go-there" tone)
"Why not?" is usually my reply.

But seriously, why not? There is so much to see and do there, and that question can really be asked about anywhere anyone visits. It perplexes me that this is the reaction I get when I say I'm going to Iceland. Maybe it's because they're just jealous. I would be, too, if I wasn't already going.

No comments:

Post a Comment